MIKIVERSE HEADLINE NEWS

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ricki-Lee Coulter speaks of shame and embarrassment, driving uninsured car

Ricki-Lee Coulter

Ricki-Lee Coulter facing court on driving charges. Picture: Noel Kessel Source: news.com.au

A REPENTANT Ricki-Lee Coulter yesterday spoke of her embarrassment over being charged for driving an uninsured and unregistered car.

The former Idol and now breakfast radio show host was pulled over on the Pacific Motorway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast on March 9.

Yesterday she told Confidential she had no idea the car wasn't roadworthy until she was stopped.

"I'm so upset and embarrassed that this has happened to me," she said.

"I feel very let down by someone who I trusted.

"I would have never set foot in the car if I had of known this was not the case. It's a really unfair and unfortunate situation for me to be in but I have to accept the consequences.

"There is no way I will ever get in another car, including a hire car, without checking the registration and insurance papers first - it's just too much of a risk after going through this horrible situation."


News of the offence emerged yesterday as she and fellow Nova breakfast hosts Merrick Watts and Scott "Dools" Dooley enjoyed a 1.1 per cent jump in ratings to slightly close the lead enjoyed by 2DayFM's Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O

No comments:

Post a Comment

the mikiverse loves free speech and wholeheartedley accepts, that someone who is diametrically opposed to my views is free to promulgate those thoughts...However, misogyny, racism, intolerance etc will see that comment deleted.
These abstract considerations will be solely, and exclusively determined by the mikiverse, so play hard, but, nice.